A buggy little demo with multiple dimensions and portals to go between them.
Something I threw together in a couple of days on a whim.
- Multiple dimensions, implemented with SceneWorlds. You don't get teleported to a different part of the map, you're really viewing a different SceneWorld!
- Portals for travel between dimensions, implemented with SceneCameras, custom render targets and custom shaders.
- Fully procedural sky with a custom shader. Feel free to steal it :)
- WASD for movement, Shift
- E to toggle debug overlay
- R to regenerate all skies
- Only one portal's view is rendered at a time and shared across all that are visible
- Objects behind portals in the current dimension are visible "through" the portal
- Lights are glitchy and apply inconsistently
- Lights take time to enable after spawning in